With a semester and a half of my Big Back-to-School Adventure completed and the fall semester course schedule posted, I’ve been thinking more lately about what I want out of my college education — and, by extension, my future. Although I’ve been profoundly inspired by all Maggie‘s posts about her life list, I hadn’t been motivated to come up with a life list of my own. But this process of becoming happier and more at peace with myself (and let’s face it, the fact that I’m facing a milestone birthday this summer) has made me begin thinking of what fun things I want to plan to include in my life, and finding more intentional ways to accomplish these things.
So in no particular order, here are the first ten items on my life list, which I’ll be adding to for a while:
- Take my family camping.
- Learn tai chi.
- Earn my Bachelor’s degree.
- Get paid money for something I write.
- Sew an item of clothing and actually wear it.
- Post something on my blog every day (okay, weekday) for a year.
- Go to Boston with Aaron, just the two of us.
- Take a family vacation out West, car-trip style.
- Learn how to pair wine with food.
- Take ballroom dance classes. Preferably with Aaron.
So that’s a start. Do you have a life list? What’s on it?